
After 2 long days of no trades, I found this setup which wasn't so promising at first as the 30min stoch was still undecisive and wasn't heading straight downwards. However, since the main trend is downwards, it means in the long run, the price should go down. Hence I decided to take the risk.
QUESTION
"Hi kris,
In this last trade, the stoch for the 5M was actually crossing to the upside. Do you not normally look at this?
Secondly, you mentioned in your answers that you wait for the bar end. But if you are trading on the 5M, and waiting for the bar end of the 15m and 30m stoch, that would mean that you are only taking trades on every x:15 or x:30. So, that would mean that you would not take a trade at say, 10:10, as there is still 5M (one 5m candle) to close on the chart. If that is the case, why not just trade on the 15M chart?
Really looking forward to your reply.
Cheers,
K."
ANS
Hi, this is very wierd. When I was trading, the 5M wasnt going upwards! It was actually heading down. The picture taken is quite strange. I checked back my chart, and the 5M was indeed heading downwards. Guess when I took a screen capture during that time, the chart was wrong, I can't really explain.
Now that you've pointed that to me, I am actually quite doubtful about the reliability of that indicator. What if it tells me wrong thing during my critical trading periods?
Anyway, I do follow the 5M to enter trades. I see whether in the short term my trades are going to be up or down trend. I use the 5M to make sure that when I enter a trade, the trend won't suddenly go against me. Meaning, I do not want to be at the edge of a short term trend and end up trying to break even only. I hope this is clear, it is quite hard to say:) If this doesn't make sense, forget about this. I will try to explain another way.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Bearish elastic 191207 1600GMT 85pips/USD$850
Posted by
INVESTOR
at
8:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi kris,
In this last trade, the stoch for the 5M was actually crossing to the upside. Do you not normally look at this?
Secondly, you mentioned in your answers that you wait for the bar end. But if you are trading on the 5M, and waiting for the bar end of the 15m and 30m stoch, that would mean that you are only taking trades on every x:15 or x:30. So, that would mean that you would not take a trade at say, 10:10, as there is still 5M (one 5m candle) to close on the chart. If that is the case, why not just trade on the 15M chart?
Really looking forward to your reply.
Cheers,
K.
So you entered this trade when the 15m had closed down, and the 30m was pointing down, but had not closed down yet?
Post a Comment